- Full day of fly fishing on a drift boat (or raft on some select waters) or a full Walk and Wade day trip.
- Lunch and drinks (please alert us to any food allergies)
- Flies, hand-selected by you guide(s), for your guided day(s)
- Transportation to and from the river
- Gear: We highly suggest you bring your own fly fishing gear, but if you won’t have any with you please let us know in advance and we can supply you with waders, boots, rod, reel, etc. from our rental fleet subject to availability.
What’s Not Included?
- Cost of necessary BC or Alberta freshwater fishing licenses
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuity for your guides. It is customary to tip the guide(s) at the end of the day or end of your trip. Gratuity should be given directly to the guide in cash, CAD and USD are accepted.
What To Bring?
- Rod (4, 5, or 6wt. for Cutthroat. 7 or 8wt if you’re hoping to target Bull Trout)
- Reel with appropriate floating line for your rod
- Sunshirt / Fishing shirt
- Layers (depending on season)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Waders (early/late season) or quick-dry clothes (warm weather)
Wading Boots or Sandals (cleaned and dry felt soles are allowed, please no cleats for boats. Cleats are great for wading our streams.)
- Phone and/or camera
Booking & Deposit Policy
- A 50% deposit is due upon booking to reserve your guided dates. Payments can be made via Visa, Mastercard, Debit, or Interac eTransfer within Canada.
- The remaining balance is due 30 days before your first trip date and will be automatically charged to the card on file unless otherwise specified.
- Trips cancelled 60 days or more in advance: $100 booking fee + GST is charged per guide per day. The rest of your deposit will be refunded or transferred to a future trip upon your request.
- The dates reserved for guided fishing are non-transferable. If you request to change dates over 60 days advance, we will do our best to accommodate the change. New dates must be approved by Kootenay Fly Shop & Guiding Co.
- Cancellations less than 60 days prior to your trip receive no refund unless in the case of extenuating circumstances reviewed and approved by Kootenay Fly Shop & Guiding Co.
We strongly recommend purchasing comprehensive travel insurance if you’re at all worried about the need to cancel the trip.
We thank you for understanding our cancellation policy. We strive to provide the best experience for our clients. We must ensure a certain level of work security for our guides, as well as continue to run our small business within a short season of opportunity.
Feel free to call or email with specific questions, or if any part of our policies is unclear.